Welcome to hilt
 
This is the hilt, California web site last update 3/27/14

January, 1902, Hilt was named as the Hilt Sugar Pine Company was formed by a group from Grants Pass. In 1910, the town and mill was ultimately purchased by Fruit Growers Supply Company. It lasted until 1972. This site is dedicated to preserving memories of this little town and the area around it.

Hilt store. It would have had to been after January of 1902 as “Hilt” did not exist by name until then. The railroad referred to the area as Coles.

 

Photos of Hilt and the area around town

Chronology of Hilt History NEW check out 1943

Historical Photographs

Logging Camps

Stories of the town

Keeping the memories of Hilt alive

Next Hilt Reunion 
August 3, 2014Hilt_Reunion.html

Click on any of the boxes below to go to the page - enjoy.

This will be our 40th town reunion!   Save the date and plan on attending.